At Little Sunshines Agency we have a database of experienced tutors and we are therefore able to assist families with professional homework and/or tutoring assistance for their children.
Purpose of a Tutor:
- To assist with homework and other school projects
- To help children understand their school work better
- To help children study for tests and exams
- To help children do revision work
- To help children maintain and /or improve on their grades
- To teach children time management and organisation skills
- To teach children study skills, techniques and tricks
Tutor Salaries and Rates:
For tutors who work Monday to Thursday for 2 hours per day you can expect to pay R5 000 per month
Tutors do not receive a petrol reimbursement as they do not transport the children around for tutoring positions
What You Can Expect:
- That the children’s marks improve / are maintained
- That the children are more focused on their homework
- That the children learn how to study for tests and exams
- That the children feel more confident regarding school work and the curricular
- That the children’s report comments will improve
- That the children take a more serious approach in terms of their school work
- That the tutor has received a minimum of 70% in Mathematics for Matric
- That the tutor has received a minimum of 70% in Afrikaans for Matric
- That the tutor obtained at least a B average for Matric but mostly an A average
- That the tutor is generally studying towards a degree or is a qualified teacher
How You Can Assist Your Tutor:
- the tutor requires a quiet room to tutor your child in with a desk that they can sit at – no other children and distractions around
- the tutor requires tests / exams etc. to be brought home so that they can go over problematic areas with the child
- the child needs to enure to bring homework and all other learning material home with them so that the tutor can assist them
- the tutor reqiures the email address of the teacher to communicate with them in terms of your child’s progress etc.
- the tutor requires your support and assistance if he/she uncovers issues in terms of your child’s learning ability etc.
- the tutor needs to be told if your child has ADD etc. and / or any other learning difficulties / issues etc.
- the tutor needs to have an introductory chat with your child’s teacher in terms of establishing the way forward etc.
- the tutor needs to receive the last 2 academic reports from the child
- the tutor needs to have the email address of therapists that the child visits i.e. speech therapy, occupational therapy etc. so that he / she can communicate with them
- ensure that your child is aware that the tutor is there to ASSIST them with their school work and NOT to do their school work for them!
- have a weekly chat with your tutor about your child’s work ethic that week and where things are at etc.
- you cannot expect the tutor to assist your child with improving their marks if you do not provide the above to the tutor!
The following is NOT allowed whilst the Tutor is with your Child:
- Chatting on the cell phone
- Texting on the Blackberry
- Checking out their Facebook and Twitter
- Reading their emails
- Watching TV
- Reading Magazines
- Sitting on the couch watching the child study etc.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Tutors can generally only start tutoring from 15:00 or 16:00
- Tutors are generally between the ages of 20 and 24
- Tutors ONLY do tutoring – they do NOT do other duties such as transporting kids around, lunchboxes etc.
- The tutor will come to your home to tutor your child
- The tutor can tutor one child at a time successfully – so if you have more than 1 child the children need separate tutoring times
- If your child’s grades do not improve it may be necessary to have your child formally assessed for other possible issues in terms of their educational development such as learning and/or behavioural problems
We have placed many tutors with families over the years, and it has become clear that the more support that a family gives their tutor, the more successful the relationship will be between the tutor and the child.
Little Sunshines is Here for You!
If you wish to be a tutor or you wish to hire a tutor, or you wish to train to be a tutor, then Little Sunshines Agency can assist you! With over 15 years in the industry we are well-equipped to handle all your requirements. We are dedicated and committed to helping you so that you can stress less. Leave it to us to assist you!