NOTE: By submitting your enrollment form to this agency, and / or electing to enroll for one or more of the Company’s courses the student agrees to automatically be bound by the Refund Policy which appears below.
Course Refund Policy
Little Sunshines Agency & Academy
(Hereinafter referred to as “the Company”)
- Capitalised terms not otherwise defined in this Agreement will have the meanings ascribed to them in the Agreement.
- Headings are inserted for the convenience of the parties only and are not to be considered when interpreting this Agreement.
- Words in the singular mean and include the plural and vice versa.
- Words in the masculine include the feminine and vice versa.
- No regard for gender is intended by the language in this Agreement.
- Website refers to the Company website www.littlesunshines.co.za
- The following terms are applicable for any courses which the Student enrolls for as a student through the Company.
- This Refund Policy is in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act of South Africa.
- This Refund Policy is in accordance with the POPI Act of South Africa.
- The Student voluntarily elected to enroll for the course through the Company.
- The Student completed the online enrollment form at his/her sole discretion.
- The Student recognized the value of enrolling for a course through the Company and was not coerced by the Company in doing so.
- The Student paid for the course either via bank deposit, cash deposit, cellphone banking, electronic funds transfer or via the secure online payment gateway.
- The Student received their online access details from the Company, via email, in relation to the course enrollment.
Student Enrollment Cancellation Rights
- The Student is entitled to request a refund for their course enrollment within 30 days from effecting payment to the Company stating, in writing, why such action is taking place.
- The deadline for canceling an enrollment is 30 days from the date on which the Student paid for the course in question.
- In order to exercise the Student’s right of cancellation, the Student must inform the Company of their decision to request a refund by means of submission of a clear statement indicating the reasons for wanting a refund via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Grounds for Refunds
- If the Student came into a financial emergency this is not grounds for a refund, return or cancellation.
- If the Student’s personal circumstances changed, this is not grounds for a refund, return or cancellation.
- If the Student’s device was stolen or came into disrepair, this is not grounds for a refund, return or cancellation.
- If the Student changed their mind about wanting to do a course, this is not grounds for a refund, return or cancellation.
- If the Student’s expectations were not met, this is not grounds for a refund, return or cancellation.
Conditions & Procedure for Refunds
- The course must have been paid for in the last 30 days.
- The course content must not have been shared.
- The student must have experienced severe technical issues which the Company was unable to resolve within a 7 day working period from the time that the Student informed the Company that they were experiencing technical difficulties.
- The student has not completed more than 50% of the course.
- A clear statement must be submitted via email to email@example.com in terms of each course for which a refund is being requested.
- The clear statement must contain the following information:
- The name and surname of the student
- The email address of the student
- The name of the course
- The reason a refund is being requested
- The date the course payment was made
- The date the student enrolled for the course
- The Company, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to refuse refunds of any of the online courses that do not meet the above refund conditions.
- In the event that a refund is granted a maximum of 75% of the course feel will be refunded.
- 25% is retained by the Company to over administration costs and time spent in relation to enrolling the Student.
- In the event that a refund is granted access to the course in question will be immediately terminated and the Student will have no access to any of the online course material for that course.
- Refund payments will be issued within 7 days from the date that the refund was granted and the Student submitted their banking details for the refund, whichever is the later.
- The onus rests on the Student to submit their banking details via email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that the refund can be processed.
- The Company will issue the Student with a proof of payment via email from email@example.com once the refund has been effected.
- No certificate will be issued by the Company to the Student for the course in the event that a refund is granted by the Company.
- In the event that a refund is granted the Student’s Personal Information which was submitted during the enrollment process will remain on the Company’s cloud based system for future reference so that the Company can refer to it in the event that the Student has a future query in relation to the product.
- Subject to the terms of the Agreement, it is the intention of the Parties that this Agreement, and all suits and special proceedings under this Agreement, be construed in accordance with and governed, to the exclusion of the law of any other forum, by the laws of South Africa, without regard to the jurisdiction in which any action or special proceeding may be instituted.