Home Schooling your child is not an easy decision to make and a parent can often feel completely overwhelmed by the entire process from registration of the child with the Department of Education or the Pestalozzi Trust through to curriculum selection, curriculum planning and implementation, as well as examinations and reports and the list goes on…!
At Little Sunshines Agency we are able to assist you with advise, information and guidance in terms of all of the above and the home school teachers which we put forward as candidates for you to select from are also 100% able and capable of assisting you with all of the above.
At Little Sunshines Agency we have a database of qualified and experienced teachers who can assist with homeschooling your child or children (no matter their age or their requirements). The experience and qualifications of our home school teachers range from Early Childhood Development, Foundation Phase, Intermediate Phase to Senior and High School Phase. We also have home school teachers who are trained and experienced in working with special needs such as ADHD, Autism, Aspergers, Sensory Processing Disorder, Oppositional Defiance Disorder and so on…
We can assist with junior, mid or senior level homeschool teachers who go to your home and homeschool your child one-on-one or with siblings in the curriculum you have chosen!
Our homeschool teachers:
- are able to homeschool children in any required curriculum
- are able to homeschool children with special needs
- are qualified with a teaching degree / diploma
- have a minimum of 2 years formal teaching experience – more if required
- have their own car
- have contactable references – we have also checked their references
- have no criminal record – we have checked their criminal status
- have done a first aid course
Our candidates go through a stringent interview process and formal candidate checks are carried out. They also undergo a child care test during the interview process. We therefore feel confident in stating that as we are so strict with our candidates, we have the cream of the crop to offer our families.
One can expect to pay the following for homeschooling teachers (salaries are not dependent on the number of children taught but rather the ages of the children being taught – the higher the grade, the higher the salary):
- Home School Teacher (with a degree / diploma) – R10 000 to R25 000 per month
- Home School Teacher (with NO degree / diploma) – R7 000 to R9 000 per month
Our Teachers are able to successfully educate children in the following:
- Early Childhood Development Home Schooling (Grade 0000 to Grade 00)
- Foundation Phase Home Schooling (Grade R to Grade 3)
- Intermediate Primary Phase Home Schooling (Grade 4 to Grade 7)
- Senior Phase Home Schooling (Grade 8 to Matric)
- CAPS Curriculum Home Schooling
- IEB Curriculum Home Schooling
- Cambridge Grade 1 to Grade 9 Home Schooling
- Cambridge IGCSE Home Schooling
- Cambridge AS-Levels Home Schooling
- Cambridge A-Levels Home Schooling
- Special Needs Home Schooling
If you do not yet know which curriculum to choose simply ask us and we will provide you with all the necessary information you need in order for you to choose the right curriculum for your child based on their future needs.
At Little Sunshines Agency some of our recruitment consultants are currently home schooling their OWN children so we know and understand what you are going through as a parent choosing to homeschool your child in South Africa! We are very much aware of all the angst and frustration that you are going through and we have made sure that the teachers that we have to present to you as potential home school teachers for your children are up to the task and are there to make your life as a home school parent EASIER and a JOYFUL, HEARTWARMING and SUCCESSFUL experience!