Homeschooling your child is not an easy decision to make and a parent can often feel completely overwhelmed by the entire process from registration of the child with the Department of Education or the Pestalozzi Trust through to curriculum selection, curriculum planning and implementation, as well as examinations and reports and the list goes on…!
At Little Sunshines Agency we are able to assist you with advice, information and guidance in terms of all of the above and the homeschool teachers which we put forward as candidates for you to select from are also 100% able and capable of assisting you with all of the above.
At Little Sunshines Agency we have a database of qualified and experienced teachers who can assist with homeschooling your child or children (no matter their age or their requirements). The experience and qualifications of our home school teachers range from Early Childhood Development, Foundation Phase, Intermediate Phase to Senior Phase. We also have home school teachers who are trained and experienced in working with special needs such as ADHD, Autism, Aspergers, Sensory Processing Disorder, Oppositional Defiance Disorder and so on…
We can assist with junior, mid or senior level Homeschool Teachers who go to your home and homeschool your child one-on-one or with siblings in the curriculum you have chosen!
Our Homeschool Teachers:
- are able to homeschool children in any required curriculum
- are able to homeschool children with special needs
- are qualified with a teaching degree / diploma
- have a minimum of 2 years formal teaching experience – more if required
- have their own roadworthy vehicle
- have contactable references – we have also checked their references
- have no criminal record – we have checked their criminal status
- have done a first aid course
Our candidates go through a stringent interview process and formal candidate checks are carried out. They also undergo a child care test during the interview process. We therefore feel confident in stating that as we are so strict with our candidates, we have the cream of the crop to offer our families.
One can expect to pay the following for homeschooling teachers:
- Home School Teacher – R12 000 to R30 000 per month
- salaries are dependent on the ages of the children being taught, the curriculum being taught, the level of experience required etc.
Curriculums & Phases for Homeschooling in South Africa
Our Teachers are able to successfully educate children in the following:
- Early Childhood Development Home Schooling (Grade 0000 to Grade 00)
- Foundation Phase Home Schooling (Grade R to Grade 3 – ages 6 to 9)
- Intermediate Primary Phase Home Schooling (Grade 4 to Grade 6 – ages 10 to 12)
- Senior Phase Home Schooling (Grade 7 to Grade 12 – ages 13 to 18)
- CAPS Curriculum
- IEB Curriculum
- Cambridge Curriculum
- GED Curriculum
- Montessori Curriculum
- Reggio Emelia Curriculum
- American Curriculum
If you do not yet know which curriculum to choose simply ask us and we will provide you with all the necessary information you need in order for you to choose the right curriculum for your child based on their future needs.
Roles & Responsibilities of a Homeschool Teacher
The following would be considered general roles and responsibilities of a Homeschool Teacher in South Africa, keeping in mind that each family is different so this is a general overview:
- arrives at the child’s home to teach them in accordance with the prescribed curriculum
- liaises with the parents about the child’s progress
- submits termly school reports to the parents
- submits weekly and termly lesson plans to the parents
- compiles a timetable for the child to follow
- compiles, invigilates and scores assignments, tests and exams where necessary and required
- sources all learning material (though the parents pay for all learning material required i.e. textbooks, workbooks etc.)
- sets up and maintains the learning environment in an appropriate and orderly manner
- keeps up to date with relevant curriculum amendments and teaching methods etc.
- keeps up to date with information etc. from the Department of Education
At Little Sunshines Agency some of our recruitment consultants are currently homeschooling their OWN children so we know and understand what you are going through as a parent choosing to homeschool your child in South Africa! We are very much aware of all the angst and frustration that you are going through and we have made sure that the teachers that we have to present to you as potential home school teachers for your children are up to the task and are there to make your life as a home school parent EASIER and a JOYFUL, HEARTWARMING and SUCCESSFUL experience!
If you need a Homeschool Teacher kindly complete the Homeschool Teacher form and we will be able to assist you with your request. The form will also guide you in terms of a variety of areas such as salaries etc.