An Au Pair Agency with many years of experience is the route to go! Little Sunshines Au Pair Agency was established in 2005 and has since grown to be the leading au pair agency, placing high quality, reliable and experienced candidates all over South Africa – we are Nationwide!
Over the years, owing to our professional and dedicated service to our clients, we have grown to be the leading au pair agency in the industry. Most of our business is referral based due to our reputation, which has been built on servicing our clients with dedication and professionalism, and by providing stellar candidates.
We place the following types of positions:
- Au Pairs – salaries, functions etc. (half day or full day)
- Tutors – salaries, functions etc.
- Governesses – salaries, functions etc. (live-in or live-out)
- Home School Teachers – salaries, functions etc.
- School Facilitators – salaries, functions etc. (they attend school with your child)
At Little Sunshines Au Pair Agency we recognise and respect the decision our families have made to employ an au pair, tutor, governess, home school teacher or school facilitator. We understand how essential the need for a GOOD candidate is and we therefore ensure that when assisting you with selecting an ideal candidate we don’t simply match job specifications and salaries, we seek to match personalities, life outlooks, ideals and values as these all play a crucial part in the success of the relationship between the family and the candidate.
- The process is free up to the point of placement
- We charge a market related placement fee – this is payable by the family, not the candidate
- We offer a 4 month replacement guarantee on our placements – whatever the reason
- All the contracts of employment have a 3 month probationary period
- The family pays a monthly salary to the candidate directly – we do not pay the salary
- We only enlist 30% of the candidates that we interview
- We have the largest database of GOOD candidates
- We are known for our professionalism and dedication
Little Sunshines Au Pair Agency has the following credentials and experience:
- We have been in business since 2005
- We have placed more than 4000 families to date
- We all have children and we are all working moms dedicated to assisting you
- We have experience with premature babies, multiples, toddlers, children, teenagers, stepchildren, adopted children and the list goes on…
- We have over a decade of childcare experience both locally and abroad
- We have over a decade of recruitment and Human Resources management experience
- The founder owned a playgroup for children aged 1 to 3 years
- The founder studied psychology
- The founder is fully versed in labour law
Little Sunshines Au Pair Agency undertakes to fulfill the following services to our families and candidates:
- Face-to-face interviews with all our candidates as well as background checks, child care tests and a psychometric test
- Consultation with the Family and a Representative of the Agency (telephonic or via email) to obtain the family’s requirements
- Submissions of various Profiles to the Family – we do not limit the number of profiles that we send
- Arrangement of Family and Candidate Interviews
- Arrangement of the Basic Terms and Conditions of Employment between the Family and the Candidate
- Facilitation of Agreement between the Family and the Candidate on the Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Post Placement Support and Queries
All Our Candidates have met the following General Requirements:
- they have their own roadworthy car with seat belts in the back
- they have a valid drivers license
- they have formal experience in the child care industry
- they have passed Matric or A-Levels
- they have a clear criminal record
- they have passed all our background checks
- they have passed our social media screening
- they have passed a formal, stringent face-to-face interview with us
- they have passed a childcare and first aid test during their interview with us
- they have passed a psychometric test during their interview with us
- Only candidates of the highest standard will be represented by our Agency – we are very strict!
As we are truly passionate about what we do and we are dedicated to the overall success of the agency we feel that with all of the above we are definitely qualified and equipped to be able to assist you with finding an excellent au pair, nanny, tutor, governess, home school teacher or school facilitator that matches your requirements and home environment!
All our candidates go through a stringent interview process and formal reference checks are carried out. They also undergo a childcare test during the interview process, a first aid test and a psychometric test to establish their suitability in the child care industry. We therefore feel confident in stating that as we are so strict with our candidates, we have the cream of the crop to offer our clients.
We pride ourselves on the knowledge and skills that we have obtained over the years in the industry and the ability to guide our clients in successfully selecting an ideal candidate to assist them where required.
“Upon Electing to Use Our Services…”
Upon electing to use our services , we will send you an Interview & Information Guide which contains the following information:
- Proposed questions for your interviews with prospective au pairs, tutors, governesses, home school teachers or school facilitators
- Guidelines on employing a candidate in terms of South African labour law
- Guidelines on dealing with employee performance related issues in terms of South African labour law
- Tips on how to maintain a long-lasting relationship with your new au pair, tutor, governess, home school teacher or school facilitator